Me

My photo
Hisham is a graduate from Institute of Technology MARA (UiTM) majoring in culinary arts. Since his early days at the Hotel Istana, Hisham embarked on an adventurous journey honing and shaping his culinary skills working at JW Marriott Kuala Lumpur, Villa Danieli Restaurant at Sheraton Imperial Hotel, SHOOK Restaurant @ Starhill Gallery, Prince Court Medical Center and Azamara Cruise Line under the parent company of Royal Caribbean International Cruise Line, to name just a few. So you guys already knowing me. Come On, Join Me Talking @Mamak

My Family

My Family
My Family

Thursday 22 December 2011

Chef's Life

Dear oh dear, As usual I have to come to work in the morning. I feel very sleepy especially I just sleep about 3 and half hours only because I'm watching my beloved football team Liverpool play early this morning. Unfortunately they draw with Wigan FC. Anyway with the current issue with racism in football, I agree with them it has to be out from the game or whatever thing. I believe that the FA of England making the mistake on their decision against Luis Suarez as I believed that he is not a racist. You will never walk alone Suarez!

Going back to racismt, in our industry; there are still some racismt taking part in our daily life and it not suppose to be there especially in Malaysia where there is racial harmony where we live side by side for hundred of years.

Form my experience when I worked on the cruise ship in Europe couple of years back, there are 52 nationalities on board and we have to work together to ensure that the guests is having a great fun, enjoy full and happy while they are on board. The first 3 months, I'm the only Malaysian there. Then I being joined by 2 more ladies from Sabah and Penang as part of the crew. The best part is we never thing that I'm Malay, you Chinese or Sabahan or whatever. Our mentality is thinking we are Malaysian. 

But once I touched down to Kuala Lumpur for my holiday break, I feel weird as there is a grouping back to Malay, Chinese, Indian ect. Why we cannot have that feeling that we just Malaysian back here at our home. Our Government try to portray that we are harmonious, happy together and everything is good. Yes it is true but it is not 100%. 

No comments:

Post a Comment