Me

My photo
Hisham is a graduate from Institute of Technology MARA (UiTM) majoring in culinary arts. Since his early days at the Hotel Istana, Hisham embarked on an adventurous journey honing and shaping his culinary skills working at JW Marriott Kuala Lumpur, Villa Danieli Restaurant at Sheraton Imperial Hotel, SHOOK Restaurant @ Starhill Gallery, Prince Court Medical Center and Azamara Cruise Line under the parent company of Royal Caribbean International Cruise Line, to name just a few. So you guys already knowing me. Come On, Join Me Talking @Mamak

My Family

My Family
My Family

Wednesday 28 December 2011

New Year is Coming



PCMC Lobby Concierge
Prince Court Medical Centre, KL
New year, it come and go. As a chef, I stuck in the kitchen as we have to prepare the set menu for the diners. I only enjoyed it once in 14years since I started in this Food Industry. If I not mistaken, it was 2007 when I worked at Prince Court Medical Centre, Kuala Lumpur. My wife and I went back to Manila, Philippines for holiday.

New Year Countdown in Manila
We went to the Ayala Centre, Makati where all the happening scene happened. If I not mistaken, we stayed around until 2am.

It is also my first time, I been to Philippines. It is a great memories.

Now once again, I  will be without my wife and our son as they are back in Philippines. Of course I feel sad but sometimes we sacrifice for our future. She have to take care on the business in Manila.




This year, 31st December 2011, I will busy cooking. Below is the menu that we will serve for that night.


Amuse Bouche
Diver Scallop, Seaweed Caviar, Heirloom Tomato Reduction

***
Duck Liver Roulade
Apple Chips, Apricot Puree, Crispy Brioche

***
Cream of Seafood
Cilantro Tortellini and Tuna-Citrus Crumble

***
Grilled Saddle of Australian Lamb
Truffle Potato Puree, Baby Romaine, Tomato Confit ,  Lamb Reduction

Or

Spatchcock with Carrot Pappadelle
Cream of Celeriac, Kalamanta-Pine Oil, Sautéed Russet Potato, Thyme Jus

***
Valrhona Chocolate Soft Centre
Vanilla Ice Cream, Aged Balsamic marinated Strawberry

Spatchcock


Yes, it will be a busy night. At the moment, the restaurant reservation nearly full. That is life as a Chef. It is all hard work, hectic, stressful and long hours. Not like what they are trying to portray in the TV show. In the show is already cut & paste, minus couple of factor that I mention above.














No comments:

Post a Comment