Me

My photo
Hisham is a graduate from Institute of Technology MARA (UiTM) majoring in culinary arts. Since his early days at the Hotel Istana, Hisham embarked on an adventurous journey honing and shaping his culinary skills working at JW Marriott Kuala Lumpur, Villa Danieli Restaurant at Sheraton Imperial Hotel, SHOOK Restaurant @ Starhill Gallery, Prince Court Medical Center and Azamara Cruise Line under the parent company of Royal Caribbean International Cruise Line, to name just a few. So you guys already knowing me. Come On, Join Me Talking @Mamak

My Family

My Family
My Family

Monday 26 December 2011

Food Blogger

Today when i checking the others food blog, most their concept are the same. They just going somewhere, eating and review. Sometimes I can see the same restaurant being reviewed couple of times by difference blogger. Are they lack some idea to write in their blog? What I'm trying to say here is are most of the blogger are copycat?

I believed that some of them are not but most of are. They are checking the famous blog and then they doing the same thing.

I'm the insider in the food industry, I'm not just eating the food but I'm the creator of the food. It is a very stressful job as so many thing need your intention every single hour. It is not easy to cook something from scratch much more to create it. If it is easy as it look, everyone already become a Micheline Star Chef and earn a good money.

Chef in the kitchen, is not about cooking only. That title is for a cook. My main job in the kitchen is to manage the operation in the kitchen, creating new dishes & menus, costing, maintaining the quality of food that is produce by my staff, ect. In other words, whatever happen in the kitchen and it's produce are my responsibilities.

 That why, I will not write about the dishes like other bloggers. They are the outsider in the food industry. Yes they are important for the industry but that is their main job, is it? They are food critic, so their job are just to eat and review the food.

In the kitchen life, the stress level is so high especially during the service hours, LUNCH & DINNER. These couple of hours daily, feels like you are living in the pressure cooker. You have to ensure that the food produce is in high quality, correct cooking temperature, good coordination in-between stations that producing the dishes and a correct presentation.Here are some of the dishes that is from my a la carte menu:


I not meticulous person, my wife is but I like to have a good presentation of the food that I produced. I need to be proud with the food produced. It is a tough task to make other people(my staff) to believed as they are the one cooking as I'm controlling the quality on whet they are producing every single day. Luckily I have a good team and they understand with the idea and concept that I want.

Working as a chef, sometimes you need to be a dictator in the kitchen. Whatever I said, everybody have to follow. It has to be like that because if too many people can make a decision on what they are doing, it will become chaos and the guests will suffer.
That why in the kitchen there is a heiracy. The word like EXECUTIVE CHEF, CHEF DE CUISINE, SOUS CHEF, CHEF DE PARTIE & COMMIS COOK.

My blog is about my opinion during that particular day. That why you can see, I wrote about football and also later on about cars. I see it as a stress release.  


No comments:

Post a Comment