Me

My photo
Hisham is a graduate from Institute of Technology MARA (UiTM) majoring in culinary arts. Since his early days at the Hotel Istana, Hisham embarked on an adventurous journey honing and shaping his culinary skills working at JW Marriott Kuala Lumpur, Villa Danieli Restaurant at Sheraton Imperial Hotel, SHOOK Restaurant @ Starhill Gallery, Prince Court Medical Center and Azamara Cruise Line under the parent company of Royal Caribbean International Cruise Line, to name just a few. So you guys already knowing me. Come On, Join Me Talking @Mamak

My Family

My Family
My Family

Thursday 29 December 2011

Year End Holiday

Couple of days left in 2011, everybody rushing to clear their Anual Leaves. Yes, I can understood that they are clearing their leave balance but the operation of the business still have to go. Unless you own a shop and closed the shop as you are going for a holiday.

Why I'm making those statement  as above because I experiencing the difficulties in doing my job as most of the office are left with just a couple of people manning it.

The best part is the people that are left behind cannot do anything or giving any solution as they are not have any authority. What they can say is "Have to wait until He or She coming back from the Holiday".  

What if they took a long holiday, 2 weeks, 3weeks? So everything will stop? The best part is I'm is working in a billion dollar corporation.

From my experience or even myself, if I'm going for holiday, I will make sure that my 2nd in command will be there and can make a urgent decision. If not everybody that are trying to deal with the restaurant and kitchen will having the face like MR. BEAN.

Why their manager approved their staff goes on leaves at once for the normal day just because they want to clear their Annual Leaves. These is the type of Boss that is quite stupid in my eyes. What to be a good boss in their staff eyes but do not thing about the operation as a hole.

My style is difference, I already announced it to all my staff that they need to plan their leave and I will only approve it if it will not disturb the kitchen operation. Sometimes as a Manager, you cannot please everybody and they need to know which is their priority as the MANAGER.

No comments:

Post a Comment